As part of YADL’s transformation, president and CEO Carlos Reyes has announced new positions at the organization.”This is an exciting time for YADL. After careful assessment, I decided to restructure the organization to allow for its current work to continue but also to allow for growth,” Reyes said.
Three departments are being created: external affairs, operations, and programs. Each department has a team of directors carrying out the work supervised and coordinated by a vice president. The following six leadership positions are available:
- Communications Director — responsible for telling YADL’s story through our social media accounts and print materials through content creation and dissemination including maintaining relationships with the press. This position reports to the VP for External Affairs.
- Engagement Director — responsible for nationwide recruitment of delegates representing YADL. This position will oversee application intake and review and conduct interviews and selection as well as maintain relationships with alumni. This position reports to the VP for external affairs.
- Development Director — responsible for YADL’s fundraising efforts from corporate and foundation outreach, individual and online giving campaigns, and government grants. This position reports to the VP for Operations.
- Finance Director — responsible for YADL’s finance and accounting practices and will maintain and coordinate YADL’s budget and assist with the annual audit. This position reports to the VP for Operations.
- Policy Director — responsible for researching and ensuring YADL’s programs are relevant and aligned with American policy priorities and providing substantive background information to delegates representing YADL. This position reports to the VP for programs.
- Events and Exchanges Director — responsible for organizing and executing events that promote YADL’s programs in our target markets as well as oversee all logistics associated with exchanges and other YADL activities abroad. This position reports to the VP for programs.
Every position is a volunteer role: there is NO pay. It is difficult to estimate how much time investment each position will require. Some director roles have periods of intensity (engagement, policy, events and exchanges) while other director roles (policy, finance, communications, development) will require a sustained commitment.
Reyes is confident that continued growth will establish YADL as the preeminent organization for engaging young professionals in the United States in high-level experiential learning opportunities and substantive exchange programs. This will lead to more resources.
Applicants are expected to discern carefully about their options. YADL will only be successful if the organization has the right team of talent investing the necessary time into the organization.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. A cover letter should include:
- The position for which you are applying
- What experiences qualify you for this role
- How you learned about this opportunity
- A detailed overview of how you plan to execute your role
- Any personal or professional commitments that will impact your involvement with YADL
- A brief elaboration on your ability to work remotely and willingness to, on occasion, travel to Washington for meetings
- For positions in the operations department: please create a mock budget for the organization that is realistic. Assume we have only $10,000 in funds but still aspire to execute our signature program: selecting, training, and sending the American delegation to the G8 & G20 Youth Summits.
For director roles the deadline to apply is 11:59pm on Sunday, August 12th. Interviews will take place the weekend of August 17th.