Interested candidates are invited to review the information on this page and to submit a completed application (downloadable form found directly underneath this paragraph) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 PM on December 23, 2011.
To be eligible for selection for the 2012 U.S. delegation to the G8 and G20 Youth Summits, all applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of the summit;
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Commit to being in Washington, DC, for the conference from June 3rd-9th, 2012.
We currently estimate that the summit fee will be $500-700. This includes accommodation for six nights, some meals, and transportation, as well as access to all daytime special events, panels, and other sessions. The conference fee does not include airfare to and from the summit and all applicants are expected to cover this cost.
- President of the United States – Head of State (G8 & G20)
- Assistant to the President for G8 Affairs – Sherpa (G8)
- Assistant to the President for G20 Affairs – Sherpa (G20)
- Secretary of State – Minister of Foreign Affairs (G8)
- Secretary of Defense – Minister of Defense (G8)
- Secretary of the Treasury – Minister of Finance (G20)
- Attorney General – Minister of Justice (G8)
- Secretary of Commerce – Minister of Economics (G20)
- Administrator, Environmental Protection Agency – Min. of Environment (G20)
- Administrator, US Agency for Internat’l Development – Min. of Developm’t (G20)
- Press Secretary – (G8 & G20)
Candidates must submit completed applications by 5:00 PM on December 23, 2011. This deadline is not flexible.
Applicants will be notified by email within one week as to whether they are invited to interview for the delegation. Applicants are encouraged to make note of the ministerial position(s) for which they prefer to be considered, but YADL reserves the right to offer any position to any candidate.
Interviews will take place via Skype or teleconference.